That was the Yahoo! calendar. I've found some variations in different calendars as well, but this was the only one I've used that mentioned "full term" at all.
I think "full term" means that doctors won't try to stop things if labor starts. Everything I've read (which is, admittedly, way too much since I'm an info junky) says you're full term at 37 weeks. Anywhere from 38-42 weeks is considered a "normal" range for delivery, though. You're not truly overdue until you go past 42 weeks, but a lot of doctors will induce if you make it that far.
We are Phil and Mackensie Wittmer, and we created this blog to keep friends, family, and internet stalkers updated throughout the labor and delivery process for our son back in 2007. Then, we just never got around to quitting. We're about to have our second child, so we may as well keep it up, right?
3 comments:
What pregnancy calendar is that? I thought full-term was only 2 weeks before the due date. Hmmm.
That was the Yahoo! calendar. I've found some variations in different calendars as well, but this was the only one I've used that mentioned "full term" at all.
I think "full term" means that doctors won't try to stop things if labor starts. Everything I've read (which is, admittedly, way too much since I'm an info junky) says you're full term at 37 weeks. Anywhere from 38-42 weeks is considered a "normal" range for delivery, though. You're not truly overdue until you go past 42 weeks, but a lot of doctors will induce if you make it that far.
Post a Comment