Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Six Weeks

Ben had his six week check-up on Monday. He is now 11lbs and getting longer by the day. It's amazing to me that he is already filling 0-3 month clothes and that some smaller items may be retired soon. We go back in two weeks for three shots and one oral immunization. I told the doctor that I would hold Ben down, but I am going to look away.

I went for my six week check-up on Tuesday. The doctor said, "Oh my, you're pregnant." She was joking, but it was not funny. She says that I have healed nicely and all my vital organs seem to be back in place.

Ben got a new blanket from his Aunt and Uncle. Here is a picture of him using it:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. Nice blanket! Fake pregnancy scares are NEVER funny.

Anonymous said...

I did not hold my kids for that... I let a nurse do it so that I could be the wonderful comforting one coming to the rescue! I admire your courage!

Anonymous said...

If they'll let you hold him on your lap, it's less traumatic. For some reason, some nurses like you to pin them flat on their backs on the table, and that really freaks the babies out!

Also, Prevnar stings a lot going in, so ask for that one last as it's likely to produce the most pain/tears--get the easy ones out of the way first so you can go right to calming him down after Prevnar. My kids don't usually cry for their shots, but they do for Prevnar. Good luck! Odds are he'll do great. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ava cried for a few seconds when she got shots at that age... even as she got older, the crying always subisded in a minute or so. Last time, she was more upset about being stripped down and weighed than shots.

Post a Comment