Thanks to his most recent growth spurt, Ben's thighs are finally big enough for his Fuzzi Bunz diapers. Also, Mackensie thinks she saw his very first real smile over the weekend. We're trying hard to get him to repeat it.
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I know that you already know this, but I will tell you again: Ben is really, really cute!--Kari
We're only in the first week of using the FB full-time. Ben appears to be a heavy wetter, because when we try to use the ultra-thin hemp inserts by themselves, he sometimes leaks a bit if we go too long between changes. The standard microfiber inserts seem to work just fine, though.
We still put him in a disposable for overnight, since they can hold more liquid, longer. We may also try a standard insert plus a hemp insert for overnights to see how that goes. So far, so good.
Funny that microfiber holds more for you. We have a heavy wetter over here, and I'm considering buying hemp to go with the microfiber (we're using trifold towels, so already pretty thick) to see if we can last longer. Six layers of microfiber together (two trifold towels) in a bumGenius might get Evan through the night, but then his diaper butt is so big that his pajamas won't fit over it. So I'm still using disposables at night because I know he can go 12+ hours without leaking AND he can wear pajamas to bed.
During the day I'm using snap covers (Jamtots and Bummis) with prefolds and a Snappi since somebody gave them to me, and I've learned that snaps are very frustrating for Mom and Baby alike once Baby doesn't just lie there quietly during diaper changes. I don't much like stuffing pocket diapers but am about ready to cave and buy more bumGenius since they go on so much faster than the snap covers.
We are Phil and Mackensie Wittmer, and we created this blog to keep friends, family, and internet stalkers updated throughout the labor and delivery process for our son back in 2007. Then, we just never got around to quitting. We're about to have our second child, so we may as well keep it up, right?
4 comments:
I know that you already know this, but I will tell you again: Ben is really, really cute!--Kari
Man is he cute. Carrie and I are really interested to know how the fuzzy buns are working out.
on a side note: Is Ben wearing legwarmers or soccer socks?
-Jim
We're only in the first week of using the FB full-time. Ben appears to be a heavy wetter, because when we try to use the ultra-thin hemp inserts by themselves, he sometimes leaks a bit if we go too long between changes. The standard microfiber inserts seem to work just fine, though.
We still put him in a disposable for overnight, since they can hold more liquid, longer. We may also try a standard insert plus a hemp insert for overnights to see how that goes. So far, so good.
Funny that microfiber holds more for you. We have a heavy wetter over here, and I'm considering buying hemp to go with the microfiber (we're using trifold towels, so already pretty thick) to see if we can last longer. Six layers of microfiber together (two trifold towels) in a bumGenius might get Evan through the night, but then his diaper butt is so big that his pajamas won't fit over it. So I'm still using disposables at night because I know he can go 12+ hours without leaking AND he can wear pajamas to bed.
During the day I'm using snap covers (Jamtots and Bummis) with prefolds and a Snappi since somebody gave them to me, and I've learned that snaps are very frustrating for Mom and Baby alike once Baby doesn't just lie there quietly during diaper changes. I don't much like stuffing pocket diapers but am about ready to cave and buy more bumGenius since they go on so much faster than the snap covers.
Post a Comment